A cat named Biscuit went viral on TikTok after his human posted a clip of him sitting with his head down and looking like he was going to cry.
How can we help him? 🥺#depressed #cat #help
♬ Depressed – Leanboys
@thefluffymeows posted the clip of Biscuit, which quickly went viral, with many offering advice and expressing concern for the cat. Many pointed out that the cat is a bred Scottish fold breed that tends to have health issues. Users encouraged people to always rescue instead of going to breeders.
The video shared on TikTok shows Biscuit sitting by a window with his head down. The TikTok has racked up over 18 million views.
The text on the video read,
“The second day our cat sits like this. He looks depressed and we don’t know how to help him.” The owner asked in the caption, “How can we help him?”
One user said, “As a veterinary technician, I would recommend taking him to the vet ASAP. This is usually a health issue.”
Many people were invested in Biscuit and wanted to make sure that he was ok. In a series of update videos, @thefluffymeows went to numerous vets and tried to figure out what was wrong. It seemed like they were getting very different answers everywhere they went, and everything was very expensive.
Poor biscuit still seemed sad and wasn’t eating or pooping much. They stayed up with him through the night and tried to help him and tried to massage his tummy to work out his intestines.
Finally, one day when they came back from the vet, they noticed that he immediately went to his food bowl, which was a great sign. Slowly, he began to feel better, and now he is better than ever!
#trouble #biscuitcat #catsoftiktok
♬ original sound – Scottish Golden Chinchilla 🐱
We are so happy that Biscuit is happy and healthy again!
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!