Dogs are known for their affectionate nature, and many of them crave cuddles from their owners. However, not all dogs are the same, and some breeds may not be as cuddly as others. One such breed is the Shiba Inu, a charming canine that has gained popularity in recent years. In this post, we will discuss the personality of Shiba Inus, their cuddliness level, and ways to make them happier and possibly even more cuddly.
Shiba Inu Personality: What to Expect
Shiba Inus are independent, alert, and have strong personalities with a gentle warmth around their family members. They are considered excellent guard dogs due to their alertness. Their personality has often been compared to cats, given their tendency to be aloof and indifferent towards other dogs and strangers. Shibas are highly possessive and curious about the world around them. If you choose this breed, you need to train and socialize them early on.
How Do You Know If Your Shiba Is Happy?
Understanding your dog’s behavior and body language can help you determine if they are happy or not. Here are some tips to look out for:
– Relaxed Body and Tail: When a Shiba is cheerful, their tail and entire body will look relaxed, and they may repeatedly wag their tail.
– Smiling: Happy Shibas tend to smile a lot, with their mouth open and the corners raised to the sides. You may see some teeth, but they are not aggressively exposed.
– Dancing: Shibas tend to bounce from side to side when happy and excited, which is often a sign of relaxation.
– Happy Barks: Compared to anxious dogs, happy canines typically bark at a higher pitch and for a shorter time.
How Do You Make Your Shiba Inu Happy?
Dogs bring countless joys into our lives, from giving unconditional love to celebrating when we return home. Here are some things you can do to make your Shiba happier, which could potentially make them more cuddly:
– Sufficient Exercise: Regular exercise benefits your dog’s physical and mental health. Walking, swimming, and playing fetch are great ways to help them burn off excess energy. Additionally, toys and games can provide mental stimulation. Pay attention to what activities your dog enjoys the most.
– Playtime: Many Shibas enjoy playtime with other dogs, while others prefer human interaction. Experiment with different games and toys to see what your dog loves the most.
– Training: Training is an excellent way to entertain and stimulate your Shiba’s brain. Dogs may enjoy learning new tricks when using positive reinforcement techniques. Training also helps them become more confident by understanding your expectations.
– Dog Massage: Massage can relieve anxiety and help relax tired muscles, providing comfort and happiness for your dog.
Although Shibas may not be the cuddliest of breeds, providing them with love and attention can make them happier and potentially more cuddly. As with any dog, it’s essential to respect their personalities, preferences, and boundaries. Never force your furry friend into uncomfortable situations. Incorporating playtime with cuddling and giving small amounts of attention mixed with lots of praise and goodies can also be helpful. By following these tips, you can keep your Shiba Inu happy and healthy.