The Boston Terrier is a small breed of dog that is packed full of personality. Despite its size, this pup imagines itself to be larger than life and exudes confidence and charm. If you are lucky enough to be an owner of one of these adorable and feisty pups, then you already know how fun and cuddly they can be. However, did you know that the Boston Terrier has its own national holiday? National Boston Terrier Day is celebrated on February 19th each year, and it’s a day dedicated to spoiling your furry friend to your heart’s content.
It is not clear how this holiday came about, but it’s celebrated with enthusiasm and vigor by Boston Terrier lovers all over the world. It’s interesting to note that National Boston Terrier Day falls one day before National Love Your Pet Day, so you get to pamper your pup for two consecutive days. There are numerous ways to celebrate National Boston Terrier Day, and the best way is to spend the day with your furry companion doing things it loves such as playing games, giving treats or even treating it to a spa day. And, if you live in a city, you may find that people host meet-ups to celebrate the day. You can check on Facebook or Eventbrite to find out if there are any events in your vicinity.
You can also celebrate National Boston Terrier Day on social media, using the hashtag #NationalBostonTerrierDay. By sharing photos and videos of your adorable pet, you can connect with other Boston Terrier lovers and enthusiasts all over the world. You can also use this hashtag to search and see how others are celebrating and loving their furry companions.
In addition to celebrating the day, sharing fun facts about this breed with others can be a great way to increase awareness and interest in the breed. Here are some interesting Boston Terrier trivia facts that you may not know:
1. The Boston Terrier was named as the state dog of Massachusetts in 1979, as this state loves this dog breed so much.
2. The Guinness Book of World Records title of “dog with the largest eyes” is held by a Boston Terrier named Bruschi, and each of its eyes measures 28mm in diameter!
3. The Boston Terrier goes by many names, including “American Gentleman,” “Round-Headed Bull,” and “Boston Bull Terriers.”
4. Two U.S. presidents have had Boston Terriers as pets. Those presidents were Ford and Harding.
5. The Boston Terrier isn’t considered a terrier by the American Kennel Club, but it’s classified as a non-sporting dog breed.
In conclusion, the Boston Terrier is a fun, adorable, and endearing breed that has captured the hearts of many dog lovers all over the world. In addition to spoiling your furry friend on National Boston Terrier Day, you can also share fun facts and trivia with others to help them learn more about these delightful pups. Whether you choose to spend the day curled up on the couch with your furry friend or attend a Boston Terrier meet-up, National Boston Terrier Day is a memorable day that’s dedicated to your beloved pet.